Working for us
Our contracting business employs staff (from both NZ and overseas) on a seasonal basis from October to March each year. We need an enthusiastic and hard-working team with experience in tractor, truck, baler or loader driving.
If you are from overseas you will need a working holiday visa or a temporary work permit/visa. Visit the NZ Immigration website to find out more about applying for a visa.
If you have a current UK license you are able to drive in NZ with this for up to one year. Truck drivers require a truck and trailer licence. Visit the NZ Transport Agency website for further information on licencing.
We normally recruit for these positions in June and July. If you are interested in a position within our contracting business please email – firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out our online employment application form.
Some things we do for our staff are:
- provide a modern office and staff room at the main yard with tea and coffee facilities and internet access
- provide you with work shirts
- hold a mid-winter Christmas function and a Christmas function
- pick you up from Christchurch airport when you arrive in New Zealand
- help you to set up bank accounts, Inland Revenue Department numbers for tax purposes
- help you to complete tax returns at the end of the season to claim back some of your tax
- help you with immigration applications if you wish to return for another season
- supply you with fully furnished accommodation (complete with sheets and towels) including power, phone and a cleaner in return for a small amount of rent
Where are we
Central Feed’s main yard is based at Winchester, 20 minutes north of Timaru and under two hours south of Christchurch. See the map on our contact page & for further information.